Sabbath Rest


Today is the first Sabbath Day of 2021.

A time to take a break and be still in the presence of God so that we may enter into and experience Sabbath rest. A rhythm of life prescribed for us within Scripture that can so often become lower in our priorities than it should be.
Eugene Peterson describes the Sabbath as 'a time to receive silence and let it deepen into gratitude.' This experience and sense of gratitude can become the foundation of our worship expressed in prayer and in song as we let it bubble up inside of us. But today is also a day to rest and be refreshed for the week ahead as Sabbath is something we work from as well as toward.
Today may you be refreshed and strengthened for the week ahead as you read and reflect on the words of Psalm 131
A song of ascents. Of David.
My heart is not proud, Lord,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.
Israel, put your hope in the Lord
both now and forevermore.

Popular posts from this blog

Blessed